Senior Manager of Research Management, Qualitative
Market Strategies International is a leading provider of qualitative research in the United States, consistently executing more than $10M of qual engagements per year. The company believes that rich qualitative methodologies—in all forms, including traditional focus groups and IDIs; ethnographies and netnographies; and in-person, web-mediated and mobile methods—are a critical element in providing clients with integrated insights that drive confident business decisions. Toward this end, Market Strategies International is building an innovative, cross-industry practice dedicated to redefining the discipline of qualitative research.
Research management personnel have ultimate responsibility to the qualitative researcher for ensuring that all aspects of proposal development and projects are completed correctly, on time, and on (or below) budget. These highly skilled, consummate professionals hold positions which are the cornerstone of the business and therefore carry enormous responsibility to the researchers and Market Strategies International. These individuals must be multi-task oriented with a desire to continuously learn more about all aspects of qualitative research excellence in order to become consistently more effective/efficient. They are responsible for the success of all qualitative projects, both domestic and multi-country.
- Communicate with clients and manage projects inclusive of creating screeners, field management, costing and pricing projects, schedule and itinerary development, local language translation/back-translation, kickoff calls with local partners, management of sample, transcripts and other services, and maintaining continual contact with the field, the client and the researcher.
- Use expertise to lead all non-research activities for multiple, complex research projects.
- Manage all resources involved in qualitative projects to ensure research project is completed within financial and time constraints.
- Acquire the needed resources, plan and administer necessary activities, and monitor project development to achieve a high level of performance while identifying opportunities for improving quality, cycle times, operational performance and ultimately client satisfaction.
- Act as go-to resource for all project management pricing and costing responsibilities.
- Create accurate and realistic budgets that use resources efficiently, track and adjust budgets as needed, contribute to budget planning, and continuously look for ways to reduce costs.
- Plan for, assign, and manage internal and external resources and tools efficiently and effectively throughout the project process.
- Determine the correct approach to manage the project and secure appropriate resources.
- Provide guidance to project team on how to apply market research standards for privacy, ethical standards as outlined by industry associations (CASRO, ESOMAR, QRCA, MRA) and/or on the use of panels (ESOMAR’s 30 questions etc).
- Introduce advanced project management techniques and guide their implementation with peers.
- Recognize cross-project improvement opportunities and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Anticipates issues before they arise and implements appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience managing domestic and/or multi-country market research projects (8+ years if without a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- Successful in managing $1.5M - $3M of qualitative project work per year.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Proven experience successfully enhancing client relationships through service.
- Understands the application of appropriate research methodologies to address client needs.
- Proven experience delivering projects on or below budget.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong client service orientation.
- Highly motivated, self-directed & possess a driven personality capable of working within tight deadlines.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail & demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with project teams and clients.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and make the optimal decisions (independently) about proposal content and project work.
Market Strategies International, Inc. - 14 months ago