Responsible for leading a cross functional team of marketing, inside sales and sales operations contributors to capitalize on market opportunity and sales strategy to ensure Talyst is viewed as an industry leader with multiple market and business segments. Execute on full lifecycle strategic lead generation and campaign initiatives to help achieve aggressive sales and revenue goals. Oversee the development of product value propositions, positioning, messaging and overall marketing plans and sales strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic goal aligned campaigns to connect and leverage the use of marketing initiatives with inside sales and sales support functions in an effort to maximize market penetration opportunities.
- Oversee the full lead lifecycle from program initiation to tactical and detailed implementation and data analysis on results. Adjust tactical lead generation and customer acquisition programs according to organic feedback, database statistics and Talyst customer business needs.
- Manage of operationalizing the sales proposal and contracts process to align the presentation of customer information, quotes and proposals with the overall marketing strategy for each business segment.
- Oversee the execution of Inside Sales focused “touch” programs from messaging and post meeting marketing distribution to hand off to outside sales team members.
- Manage marketing communications, product marketing and inside sales plans and strategies to drive customer adoption and use of Talyst products.
- Drive superior marketing program execution; implement methods for measurement to track progress and success, leveraging SalesForce and other tools.
- Partner with the sales team to help identify, develop and close new business by empowering them with the right tools and collateral throughout the sales cycle.
- Partner with business segment General Managers and product management team members to ensure consistent messaging and flow of Talyst product information into the sales field and marketplace.
- Lead product evangelism efforts to help raise awareness across the industry, analysts and influential and relevant business communities.
- Ensure product messaging consistency across all marketing vehicles, internal and external; lead, develop and implement sales field programs to drive messaging awareness.
- Proactively solicit customer and sales feedback and input on marketing efforts, and respond accordingly.
- Develop a thorough understanding of target audiences and customer segmentation to create effective communication messaging strategies for relevant marketing channels.
- Create customer lifecycle marketing programs to define, develop and execute user acquisition and retention strategies.
- Monitor social media strategies for existing customer, prospective customers and influential groups and communities.
- Oversee strategies for high impact industry and customer events including the development of reporting methodologies to accurately measure ROI
- Support and promote the Talyst values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Attend to other initiatives and goals as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in a fast paced, multi-market or multi-business unit environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Results driven with a history of optimizing marketing strategies via sales programs and positiiong to consistently improve business results and drive revenue.
- Strong experience creating and developing value propositions and messaging, preferably for online marketing or advertising products, across target audiences.
- Experience leveraging SalesForce.com in marketing campaigns and lead generation tracking.
- Experience creating, executing, optimizing and measuring marketing programs and creative campaigns in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lead customer research and customer segmentation studies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, exceptional presentation skills.
- Success in mentoring and coaching others in a professional environment and effectively motivating and managing a remote team.
- Experience working in a goal oriented, delivery focused, and dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player with excellent cross-group collaboration skills
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel of up to 30% may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Indeed - 30+ days ago