Panasonic Avionics Corporation is the world's leading supplier of in-flight entertainment and communication systems. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world. System production facilities are in Osaka, Japan.
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of strategic and operational workforce plans and forecasts. Manage the development and production of critical HR analytics revealing business and industry trends. Manage the staffing and employment functions and all related activities for PAC worldwide. Actively involved in recruiting for highly technical and upper level management positions.
Work Force Planning
• Develop a strong understanding of the company's organizational structure, operations, business objectives, values and culture in order to effectively develop and execute staffing management strategies and initiatives that complement the organization’s culture and align and support the achievement of the company’s strategic business objectives;
• Develop strong lines of communication, trust, and partnership across the organization with specific emphasis on developing relationships with key client managers and associates; reaches out to leaders across the company to identify their staffing priorities and builds awareness of and buy-in to the company’s human capital strategy;
• Collaborate with the Company leadership team and HR Business Partners to develop Recruiting plans and strategies and align with the business and strategic plans of the Company;
• Submit reports concerning hiring trends, turnover rates, candidate feedback, etc. to HR staff and/or senior management, as appropriate;
• Ensures compliance with government requirements related to employment.
• Develop and implement recruiting plans to staff open requisitions while minimizing cost per hire.
• Ensure that the Recruiting staff members understand and meet the recruitment needs of the Company.
• Oversee the implementation, use and monitoring of the applicant tracking system.
• Develop quality measures for the recruitment process, sets targets and monitors performance against the measures.
• Collaborate with HR Operations in insuring that all new employees properly enter employment with the Company.
• Manage contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters; retained and contingent, job boards, job fairs and various internet job search websites for posting requisitions and surfacing candidates. Manages the resume tracking system.
• Actively manages hire process for senior level management and technical positions including sourcing of qualified candidates, manages interview process, and assists in ensuring hiring.
• Partner with the Company leadership and Human Resources team in efforts to drive the culture of the organization. Ensures consistent corporate image throughout recruiting campaigns.
• Develop and monitor Internship Program, and maintain strong business relationship with local colleges and those that have strong engineering programs (and others that will benefit the Company).
• Develop and manage the use of employee referral programs
• Oversee and implement management of the Global Relocation Process
• Provide appropriate leadership and mentoring to assigned staff and within assigned teams. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Responsible for managing the budget for all PAC recruitment and staffing, including direct staff, the on-site staffing agency and use of other staffing agencies.
• Present plans/activities to senior leadership as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Business orientation and perspective indicative of an ability to provide strategic insight and analysis to business issues;
• Advanced knowledge and abilities in talent acquisition; “best in class” talent management and selection practices;
• Ability to source, screen and select viable candidates to present to senior management and assist staff with same. Must be able to creatively negotiate with candidates and help them understand the value of affiliating with the Company when candidate is undecided or considering other opportunities.
• Well developed management skills indicative of an ability to hire, develop, and mentor staff;
• Proven leadership abilities including the capability of acting as a change agent, communicating, championing, and organizing new ideas and initiatives;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the political sensitivity indicative of the capability of working effectively and influencing all levels of managers and associates;
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills evidencing the ability to think and act strategically;
• Strong organization skills evidencing a strong detail orientation and proven project management capabilities including the capability of managing multiple key projects simultaneously;
• Leadership capabilities and potential for significant future career growth and advancement.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required. Must have proven track record in effectively communicating with all levels. Strong negotiating, persuasion and presentation skills.
BA Degree required with emphasis in HR or Business Management (MBA desired)
• A minimum of 10 years global Human Resource experience which may include organizational design and/or business partnering experience with at least 3 years of fast growth/technology staffing experience and 5 years of management/supervisory experience.
• Strong knowledge of Federal and State laws, AA/EEO and ADA.
• Prefer experience in international recruiting as well as labor laws outside the U.S.
• Well versed in internet and state-of-the art recruiting techniques, applicant tracking and familiarity with competitive data relating to sourcing viable candidates.
• Ability to prepare and present analytics to senior management related to all workforce planning and recruiting activities for the Company
• Ability to travel domestically or internationally 5-10% of the time
Panasonic - 23 months ago