will help support strategy and business development activities for S&P Ratings’ global business.
This individual will work with team members to develop and implement strategic recommendations that will accelerate growth in revenue and margins.
- Develop and implement strategic recommendations that will accelerate growth in revenue and margins by:
- Research, monitor and anticipate market trends/activities that may impact current strategy or present opportunities for further development
- Quantitative analysis of S&P Ratings’ strategic options, market trends and competitor activity
- Help transform analysis into actionable recommendations for investment, acquisition, divestiture or operational enhancement
- Generate ideas and take the lead on certain strategic initiatives by managing projects from start to finish.
work experience in analysis and development of strategy.
- Proficiency with valuation and financial modeling
- Ability to build relationships and networks (both internal and external)
- Experience with market sizing, competitor analysis and industry/sector analysis
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) recommendations to multiple audiences
- Ability to work independently and manage projects from start to finish
- Intermediate level understanding of ratings market products/services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others, across multiple business units and functions
- Must have comfort speaking with contacts in the Business Unit's about market and competitor developments
- Creative, resourceful, energetic, have an ability to get things done
- Ability to develop a good understanding of S&P Ratings’ business, competitors, and products
- Have a demonstrated interest in and awareness of the financial services business, including debt capital markets and credit risk analysis
- Multi-tasking will be essential given many different projects may be in process at any given time and projects often will exist in business units with very different products, customers, and market dynamics
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see?
Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services
is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Strategy & Business Development
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 17 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....