Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Technical Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery.
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines. Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control.
- Bachelor degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in technical program / project management in a consumer electronics environment.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets.
- Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
- Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills are essential.
- Demonstrable experience in project management, and coordinating / driving release schedules.
- Masters or advanced technical degree desired.
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities.
- Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience strongly desired.
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle is a plus.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon.com - 19 months ago