At Mattel, our vision is 'Creating the Future of Play'. We strive for this vision primarily through our employees ' who are creative and energetic and who thrive on innovation and passion for our business. Mattel is committed to supporting and developing employees and their career goals with a host of meaningful advantages and opportunities, including development through our global Leadership Development Center, tuition reimbursement, on-site childcare, and a fitness and recreation center.
Mattel is seeking a Sr. Manager, Business Development to join the Games Studio in its Digital Initiatives Group, the business unit within Mattel, Inc. charged with bringing Mattel's brands to life on a variety of interactive platforms (online, video game consoles, handhelds, mobile, and ITV).
The Sr. Manager, Business Development will report to the Director of Mattel Games Studio and will be responsible for establishing, developing and executing key development, publishing, distribution and broader strategic partnerships for the Games Studio. The role will be responsible for prospecting potential partners, initiating discussions, defining and negotiating business terms, creating financial models and business cases needed to assess opportunities, working with Mattel legal to drive contracts through completion and managing the ongoing relationship with new, existing and potential partners.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Manager, Business Development will have key responsibilities including:
- Prospecting - Leverage a strong network of contacts to reach out to key games industry players in development, publishing, platform, distribution to initiate ongoing relations and prospect potential new partnerships.
- Initiate discussions ' Leverage a strong understanding of Mattel, Games, brand team business objectives to tailor initial engagement with potential partners to seek out ways to execute company strategic objectives.
- Partnership and terms definition ' Work with Mattel stakeholders and partners to craft terms.
- Business case ' Develop financial models, business case and processes to communicate deal and drive approval process internally with key Mattel stakeholders.
- Negotiation ' Partner with Mattel legal to negotiate terms and iterate long form to deal close.
- Account management - Maintain active relation with all key industry players and partners to stay current on new opportunities, continuously prospect and bring new opportunities to Mattel Games.
A successful candidate must have:
- High internal motivation and with ability to self start and aggressively develop and execute strategy, track multiple complex tasks, establish strong relationships with stakeholders, proactively identify and come up with solutions for problems and operate effectively and efficiently in a dynamic, matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate information in forms appropriate for the intended audience.
A successful candidate will likely have:
- a Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree
- at least 4 years of hands on experience in videogame business development at a large platform or publisher and extensive hands on experience in development, publishing and strategic partnerships.
- extensive knowledge of industry deal structures, pricing models and contract structures particularly for console and mobile development and publishing deals.
- a large network of contacts and strong personal relations with key industry players at top companies including platforms, developers, publishers, and distributors across the game industry landscape.
- hands on experience in developing financial models, business tools necessary to assess deals and communicate them to senior management for assessment and approval.
- experience working with internal and external customers at all levels of the organization.
- exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) (www.mattel.com) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. The Mattel family is comprised of such best-selling brands as Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever introduced, Hot Wheels®, Matchbox®, American Girl®, Radica® and Tyco R/C®, as well as Fisher-Price® brands, including Thomas & Friends®, Little People®, Power Wheels® and a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2012, Mattel was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the fifth year in a row. Mattel also is ranked among Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" and the "World's Most Ethical Companies." With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs nearly 28,000 people in 43 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are "Creating the Future of Play." Follow Mattel on Facebook:
- at least 6 years of hands on experience in videogame business development at a large platform or publisher and extensive hands on experience in development, publishing and strategic partnerships.
- a MBA or advanced degree.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Gamasutra - 18 months ago
Barbie is the platinum blonde in power at Mattel, the #1 toy maker in the world. Its products include Barbie and Polly Pocket dolls,...