Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V.
The Senior Manager of Decision Support is responsible for creating financial business cases to help inform and influence key leadership team decisions, including M&A modeling, Capital Expenditure modeling, New Ventures modeling, and ad-hoc modeling. The successful candidate will track progress against approved business cases and provide unbiased opinions regarding the success or failure of approved expenditures, including the identification of key lessons learned to inform future decision making. The role requires thought leadership and extensive coordination in a cross-functional environment as well as flexibility to meet overall business targets and objectives.
Additionally, the Sr. Manager of Decision Support will develop customer lifetime value models with increasing levels of sophistication to inform business decisions with respect to market segmentation, credit policy thresholds, front office prioritization, and pricing. The manager will provide recommendations and insight to Senior Management based on market fundamentals and analysis outcomes. The Sr. Manager of Decision Support role is a highly visible position throughout DE Residential and its parent company.
- Develop business cases for M&A opportunities, Capital Expenditures, New Ventures, and other ad-hoc management requests
- Draft board papers and other presentations for executive review
- Model and review long term value of customer and channel relationships in order to provide sales and marketing teams with an easily understandable view of the most financially attractive customers and segments for new sales activity
- Solicit input from business leaders to inform business case modeling, challenging assumptions as appropriate to ensure realistic and consistent business cases are developed
- Track actual progress against approved business cases and develop detailed post investment reviews as required
- Champion departmental employee engagement initiatives and lead a team of two
Strong understanding of finance and accounting concepts required. Experience in the retail energy, utility or energy industries a plus.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, and preferably an MBA with a concentration in either technical discipline. An advanced degree, CPA, or CFA license is a plus.
Flexibility to handle rapidly evolving priorities in a matrix organization
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Strong written and oral communication skills
Proven ability to interact with senior management and department heads
Proven ability to analyze solutions and make recommendations to management
Proven ability to analyze a problem with limited direction
5 to 7 years of prior finance experience required, including managerial experience
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...