Reference Code: 1207974
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources, reports to the Director, Human Resources for Rubbermaid Consumer, and is a critical liaison to our supply chain management team. This position supports manufacturing and distribution locations in Ohio as well as the customer/consumer service team on a variety of initiatives including driving consistency in policies and best practices to support and encourage a productive workforce that meets both the business goals of the organization and personal needs of employees.
- Act as a business partner to managers across the organization. Possess broad knowledge and understanding of the business in order to assess and drive organizational changes.
- Manage the Performance Management and Development Planning process to include annual and mid-year reviews, manager feedback, coaching and facilitation of performance management training.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting HR metrics.
- Provide coaching and support to managers and employees on performance improvement plans, conflict resolution and career development.
- Lead recruiting for professional and management positions.
- Drive continuous improvement of human resource functions (i.e. staffing, budgets, compensation administration, policy administration, employee relations, organizational development, change management, etc.)
- Develop and/or enhance employee development and training programs. · Work with plant leadership teams to identify and share best practices among our facilities. · Drive a more robust organization review/succession planning process for our facilities. · Partner with safety leader to help drive key safety initiatives to include participating in SEAL audits. · Participate in monthly OPEX reviews. · Work with plant leadership teams to implement Corporate programs (i.e. SAP HCM, Inclusion & Diversity, Investing in Community, Employee Recognition, Employee Engagement Survey action plans, Business Continuity Planning, etc.). · Continue to drive positive culture through associate communications and activities. · Assist non-union plant leadership teams with maintaining a union-free status. · Support labor relations as needed.
Bachelors Degree in human resources, business or a related field
Minimum 8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an HR professional with increasing levels of responsibility
PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Proven leadership, coaching, relationship building and effective conflict resolution skills
Strong business acumen, communication and presentation skills
The ability to effectively integrate into an existing leadership team
Experience with change management
Planning & Organizational skills
Must be proactive in nature with strong follow-up skills
Strong negotiating skills
Must be able to develop top talent in all functional areas
Demonstrated experience in project planning and management
Background in lean manufacturing a plus
Prefer candidate who has the ability and desire to progress in the role and with progression, relocate to other U.S. or global facilities within the company.
Newell Rubbermaid - 19 months ago
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2013 sales of $5.7 billion and a strong portfolio of...