The purpose of this position is to manage multiple transfer pricing initiatives for Takeda's U.S. Group. General responsibilities include: managing multiple transfer pricing projects, ensuring compliance with documented transfer pricing methods, reviewing inter-company agreements and managing external advisors. By serving as an internal transfer pricing consultant, this individual will provide advice to the different departments and help educate employees on the various tax laws and regulations, which affect Takeda's day-to-day operations.
- Manages international transfer pricing tax activity, such as working on preparing Advanced Pricing Agreements to be filed with appropriate government authorities.
- Manages across Takeda to ensure company is appropriately performing all intercompany transactions in accordance with transfer pricing rules.
- Manages working with legal department to ensure all pricing provisions in intercompany contracts are in accordance with transfer pricing rules including contracts related to Takeda’s worldwide expansion.
- Directly works with Japanese parent company’s tax department to coordinate global transfer pricing matters.
- Manages maintaining contemporaneous documentation of transfer pricing methods and for performing periodic updates including documentation for legal entities outside the United States.
- Manages ensuring that all transfer pricing methods are fully implemented within financial systems (inter-company allocations, product-line P&Ls, etc.).
- Manages complex tax research projects related to transfer pricing matters.
- Manages Internal Revenue Service Tax Audits on transfer pricing related matters and transfer pricing audits by taxing jurisdictions outside the United States
- Supports State Tax Audits on transfer pricing related matters,
- Plays a significant role in negotiations with U.S. APA Team and U.S. Competent Authority on transfer pricing matters.
- Manages evaluating any FIN 48 implications associated with transfer pricing matters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum 10 years of income tax experience
- Experience working in a large corporate tax department
- Experience with global transfer pricing structures
- Strong demonstrated experience in accounting
- MS in Taxation or J.D. or Advanced Degree in Economics
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry
- Takeda Operations – comprehensive understanding of Takeda’s operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign-owned parent company
- Industry Knowledge – comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process in a large healthcare organization or prescription drug vendor
- Tax Law – understands the legislative and regulatory guidelines surrounding tax.
- Accounting – understands the concepts and methods of moderately complex accounting
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Tax Skills – ability to participate in all aspects of planning, tracking and legal reporting of tax related issues
- Data Management – ability to utilize data collection, analysis, maintenance application and refinement methods to make fact based decisions
- Analytical Skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of financial data and make appropriate decisions
- Mathematical – ability to perform basic mathematical computations and solve problems
- Management – ability to set priorities and develop workflow processes
- People Development – ability to assist in training and supervising staff members when appropriate
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites – limited overnight. Some international travel may be required
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Due to travel, the work environment includes exposure to both inside and outside working conditions.
- Temperature and length of exposure varies depending upon meeting location and transportation.
- This position requires limited travel.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 10 months ago