The Senior Marketing Manager position will be responsible for growing Invisalign’s business with General Dentists and Orthodontic specialists. This person will create and communicate strategies that address key customer and consumer purchase barriers, and will ensure proper tracking and analysis of business results to gauge progress in achieving business objectives. This person will also work in close partnership with Consumer Marketing and other functions to coordinate efforts, and will manage cross-functional projects from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses data and customer interactions to develop a deep understanding of customer and consumer needs—particularly the barriers preventing teenage case growth among Orthodontists—and effectively educates the broader organization about these needs
- Creates and communicates strategies that enable the Invisalign brand to better meet customer and consumer needs and achieve our business goals and objectives
- Leads cross-functional teams in creating and executing tactical plans that support our business strategies
- Analyzes reports and other data sources that gauge the health and growth of the business, and future business trends
- Manages a range of projects that support our strategic and tactical efforts, including market research studies, development of customer-facing marketing collateral (brochures, emails, web pages, trade advertising, etc.), and creation of new reports to analyze progress in building the business
- Monitors competitive activity that could prevent the achievement of business goals, and develops proactive and reactive plans to counter competitive threats
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for management of outside vendors and contractors for specific initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following competencies are required for the job:
- Strong leadership; demonstrates initiative, takes action, and drives for results
- Demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and create solutions to meet those needs
- Effective communication skills (written, oral, & presentation)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to make sound strategic decisions, incorporating data from multiple sources and business judgment
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in an organization and understand their needs/motivations
- Ability to effectively manage complex cross-functional projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in driving growth to achieve business objectives
- 7 to 10 years of marketing or related experience
- Experience in dental or medical device marketing preferred
- Experience in consumer branded marketing a plus
- BS or BA required; MBA a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours
Must be willing to travel up to 10%
Align Technology, Inc. is a global medical-device company that pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market with the introduction of the...