Job Title and Number: Sr. Marketing Research Analyst, Req# 12WD12017
Location: One Market Street, San Francisco
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
The Market Intelligence organization is chartered with creating a data-driven marketing organization that provides reporting and actionable analytical insights into our competition, markets, customers and partners to support key business decisions at the global, regional and business unit levels.
Reporting to the lead Market Intelligence Analyst part of the Market Intelligence (MI) team but sitting within the Industry marketing groups they support, the candidate will be responsible to:
The candidate will meet the following profile
- Run the global analytics studies as defined by the industry marketing group they serve
- Contribute to the development of the global market intelligence methodologies including data set requirements & specifications
- Support the analyst community in the field and the divisions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- He/she will have well-developed quantitative skills that will allow the successful measurement of market opportunity, sizing, and metrics.
- He/she will be a curious and creative individual able to understand quickly the complexities of the company's products and markets.
- He/she needs to be an effective communicator who thinks strategically, writes concisely, and speaks easily to large and small groups including peers and executives.
- He/she must have the appropriate diplomatic skills to work across a matrix organization and be a coalition builder who can easily defend positions from a data perspective and mediate opposing views to assist building confidence in finding business opportunities.
- He/she will be results oriented with proven experience in partnering with business stakeholders with a blend of business acumen and market intelligence expertise.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop actionable insights from existing datasets available throughout the company.
- Run global analytics and qualitative / customer behavior studies on requests from key global stakeholders, corporate functions, Divisions or Geographies.
- Support Global campaign planning and targeting activities
- Contribute to the definition of data set specifications requirements and improvements to ensure continued value of the analytics products
- Contribute to the development of global methodologies and related training materials aimed at documenting and fostering the company marketing analytics practice.
- Partner with analysts in geographies, divisions or other corporate functions to bring the necessary support, market intelligence expertise and knowledge transfer in order to scale the market intelligence practice efficiently.
- Collect market intelligence best practices across the organization to feed into the company practice and ensure that locally developed analysis and data has the opportunity to be leveraged globally.
- Continuously and relentlessly increase awareness of available dataset and market intelligence tools, capabilities and practices.
- Experience in strategic management / business consulting in a well known firm
- Experience leading/managing a diverse portfolio of businesses, brands, products and customer profiles
- Skilled diplomat, organizational savvy, and high levels of confidence and maturity
- Able to effectively drive organization through change/change management using data and guiding executives and management to data-driven decisions.
- Flexible and creative mind-set; comfort driving organizational and operational change through established organizations with matrixed responsibilities
- Experience driving strategy to completion
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis expertise (analysis, modeling, policy, methodology, financial/business impacts, reporting)
- Ability to collect, aggregate, manage and implement programs using a range of research and analysis techniques
- Well rounded business professional with technical acumen and a passion for creating, mining, sharing and using sound, solid and accurate marketing data.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
- Excellent communication, writing skills, and presentation skills
Americas-United States-California-San Francisco
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- US equivalent MBA with a marketing related field focus. Emphasis in strategic analysis, research and business management
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world....