Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways and facilities to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
The Facilities Division provides building-focused architectural and engineering services to a variety of commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve rehabilitation, expansion, new construction, and process change. We provide services in mechanical/HVAC, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines. Our projects are heavily focused on sustainability and energy efficiency including LEED® and other green building certifications.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in our Camp Hill, PA, Philadelphia, PA or State College, PA office. Candidate will be responsible for designing heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; plumbing systems; medical gas and vacuum systems; fluid distribution systems; fire protection systems; site utilities; and process mechanical systems. Experience required includes systems design and applications, economic evaluations, life-cycle cost analyses, equipment selection, specifications, construction estimating, bidding documents, construction administration, start-up and trouble shooting, and commissioning of mechanical systems. Work also involves field surveys of mechanical systems, testing of existing systems, and energy studies. Projects involve public works, industrial, military, mass transit, health-care, educational, and commercial facilities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Survey and studies of building mechanical equipment and systems
• Design of HVAC systems, building automation systems, plumbing systems and fire suppression systems
• Technical direction of mechanical designers and technicians on specific projects
• Progress and other report writing
• Project specification writing
• Project management
• Proactive problem identification and resolution
• Coordination and verification of project deliverables
• Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients, proposal preparation and delivery, as well as general client interaction
• Licensed Mechanical Professional Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 15 years experience in mechanical engineering consulting
• A thorough understanding of mechanical building codes and construction standards
• Strong understanding of DDC controls and controls design and operation
• Computer proficiency in applications within MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Autocad,, BIM, and Energy Modeling
• Experience with Healthcare, Higher Education and industrial facilities preferred
• Excellent writing and oral communication skill required
• Ability to interface with multiple clients in multiple industries
• The ability to work independently and in a team environment effectively.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming - 21 months ago
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a...