Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, construction, facility, intelligence, environmental, and information technology needs. Our staff has supported mission critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance clean-up, missile defense, and disaster relief programs. We excel in delivering to mission critical expectations. Parsons makes the world a safer place.
Parsons has a long-term contract to provide facilities, construction, engineering and technical services for NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. Through a combined effort with the facilities staff, Parsons provides quality design, construction, and IT support. Parsons is in need of a mechanical engineer to join our team due to the volume of reconfiguration work needed to efficiently support the operations of this facility. Our team fosters a collaborative environment and belief in Parsons’ core values of integrity, safety, innovation, competence, diversity, and respect.
Parsons is in need of a Sr. Mechanical Engineer who:
Performs conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and Company procedures. Assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Will function as Project Engineer on medium to large projects, assuming responsibility for the multi-discipline work of the group.
• Will plan, direct, and supervise the work on multiple projects simultaneously all requiring large-scale expenditures of manpower and financial investment.
• Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
• Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
• Develops operation and maintenance plans; develops standard operating procedures; prepares O & M manuals and may conduct on-site training of personnel.
• Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
• Performs HVAC load calculations and duct static pressure loss calculations.
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
• May perform viable and nonviable clean room design.
• Conducts surveys, studies, and site investigations.
• Performs reliability, availability, and maintenance (RAM) and safety analyses.
• Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Recommends and prepares technical papers.
• 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) and 8-10 years of related work experience
• Professional Engineer Registration is required
• 5-8 years HVAC design experience is required
• 3-5 years of design and field engineering experience with viable and nonviable clean rooms preferred
• Proficiency in utilizing AutoCAD MEP 2011 and other software packages typically associated with engineering is required
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment is required
• Proof of US Citizenship is required.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 22 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...