The Shelter System Integration Engineer needs a broad range of skills and is defined by his/her breadth of knowledge rather than a depth of knowledge. This position will provide Shelter System Integration support to mobile military shelter systems. Technical support will be throughout the project life cycle, including proposal, design, production and testing. Support Business Development department by taking customer requirements and determine mobile shelter solution. Create technical proposals, technical materials and procurement specifications. The System Integration Engineer will direct the engineering team to develop mobile system concepts into full production ready design. Conduct the necessary analysis and validation testing to ensure the design meets the customer requirements. Contribute to product improvement, new products and product standardization. An analytical disposition, math acumen and effective communication skills are essential in this integration engineer role. Must be able to work in a team environment to communicate with and take direction from participants with various technical backgrounds.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
- Five (5) plus years experience with mobile systems preferably with Military/DoD products.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- An analytical disposition and math acumen
- Knowledge and experience with commercial and military transportation criteria and their associated design constriants
- Knowledge and experience in the design of electrical and mechanical modifications such as rack installations, ECU, power distribution systems, and/or communication/data networks.
- Knowledge and experience in planning and executing a design develop effort and coordinating the efforts of multiple engineering design functions such as analysis, Computer Aided Design, and Integrated Logistics
Keyword: CAD, EE, Engineering
- 2D/3D CAD experience
- Finite Element Analysis experience
- Experience with designs requiring Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) Shielding
- Experience in designing AC & DC electrical systems and developing system layouts, subassembly configurations and packaging criteria
- Understand electrical block diagrams
- Military Experience
From: Kratos Defense
Kratos Defense - 16 months ago