HOK is currently seeking a Sr Mechanical Engineering Designer to join our team in San Francisco, California. A Sr Mechanical Engineering Designer creates Mechanical drawings using Revit and AutoCAD and is responsible for the design of portions of mechanical systems under direction of more senior staff.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of mechanical systems and components including ductwork and piping systems according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team. Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Develops flow diagrams, riser diagrams, control diagrams and similar project documents using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs portions of projects under guidance of more senior engineers.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Best Practices for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Ability to select simple equipment using results of design calculations, such as VAV terminals, fan coil units, air handlers, pumps.
- Ability to size simple mechanical systems, including pipe sizing, duct sizing, pressure drop calculations.
- Ability to interpret HVAC load software output (TRACE 700) and select equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate preferred.
- Five years of mechanical drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment.
HOK - 16 months ago
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...