Supervisor: Manager of Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Lead Engineer position is responsible for correctly producing mechanical data and requisitions for the project in a timely and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform Mechanical engineering duties related to ongoing projects that may involve mechanical devices, engines, transportation equipment, environmental control, materials handling, machine tools, automated manufacturing equipment, and power producing machines such as internal combustion engines, steam and gas turbine found in petrochemical, refinery industry.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering along with 15-20 Years of EPC experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Prepare an interpret blue prints, schematic drawings, P & ID's and layouts. Develop project criteria and specifications to meet client requirements.
- Review and ensure the technical acceptability of equipment and proper application to the
- Prepare technical specifications. Required service prior to purchase.
- Evaluate existing equipment as to its suitability for service.
- Specify the necessary design requirements of equipment to meet project goals, scheme and budget. Prepare specifications and data sheets.
- Select and recommend the purchase of appropriate equipment for the project, prepare bid evaluations.
- Develop refurbishment scopes of work to make existing equipment acceptable for its intended service.
- Make shop and field inspections.
- Manage project issues, budgets, and schedules.
- Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
- Evaluate development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Coordinate the activities of the design and construction teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Requirements are:
If you have what it takes to be a part of the best that this industry has to offer, then we look forward hearing from you. Email your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
Ventech is an equal opportunity employer.