Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Sr. Mgr, Product Management
The Product Manager role is a critical leadership role with accountability for managing the P&L for a portion of the Credit Union Protection suite of products. The person who holds this role will be the key driver of product strategy development and execution for their assigned area and is responsible for leading the coordination of all functions that impact product design, marketing, sales and service. Additionally the person holding the role will have responsibility for managing Credit Union Protection policy re-writes.
1. Manage profit and loss for a product or program or for a component of large/complex product or program. Revenue will generally, though not absolutely, range up to $100 million.
2. Develop and execute product/program level strategy
3. Manage product/program lifecycle
4. Develop and oversee execution of pricing strategy for assigned product/program
5. Develop and oversee execution of channel and promotion strategy for assigned product/program
6. Development of new products/programs as assigned
7. Market expansion of assigned product/program
8. Managing and development of Employees
1. Product Management: Understanding of the process of product management and experience managing insurance products.
2. Team Leadership: Ability to lead a cross-functional team in a highly matrixed environment. Skill in coaching and developing others desirable.
3. Strategy Development, Analysis and Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to apply business strategy development concepts and traditional strategy analysis models at the product/program level. Ability to translate strategy into action with solid planning and execution.
4. Marketing and Market Development: Knowledge and ability to apply sophisticated marketing concepts (brand positioning, competitive assessment, market research, value proposition development, promotion) at the product/program level.
5. Financial Skills: Ability to interpret financial components of the assigned product/program (e.g. profit and loss statements, budget process and RoI calculations, implications of financial analyses and modeling).
6. Communications and Networking Skills: Ability to form long-term relationships with co-workers, suppliers and customers. Proven skill in negotiating, influencing and willingness to involve others in the decision making process. Ability to clearly communicate in a range of methods (written, verbal, formal presentation).
1. 6-8 years of progressively responsible business experience, preferably in several different levels and settings.
2. Bachelor's degree in insurance, business or related discipline or equivalent in related professional work experience.
3. Working knowledge of all firm functions including marketing, market research, product development, product manufacturing, sales, service, finance, etc.
4. Achievement orientation demonstrated by track record of high performance and achievement of target results.
5. Advanced general Management and analytical training strongly preferred.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: ARJ20120312-95124