First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
Manage all First Wind SCADA systems and substation IED’s. Includes assisting in the design, integration, configuration, maintenance, security, and commissioning of process control and monitoring equipment relating to wind turbine and substation control systems. Additional responsibilities include: ensuring compliance with First Wind process control standards and practices, applying new technologies, and control system project management as required, participation in all wind farm SCADA design meetings, coordinate with vendors, performing field commissioning duties when required, involvement with configuring, programming, integrating, testing and start-up of database system elements at our future wind farm installations as well as being responsible for the data collection and management of First Wind’s PI infrastructure and for creating and maintaining PI displays for the Operations Center as well as other business units. The Sr. Manager of SCADA Engineering will assist in creating reports, coordinate data access to third party sources, and manage and maintain a PI SharePoint web portal and Operational Intelligence dashboard.
This is a full-time position that is not location specific and may be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
· Manage a team of SCADA engineers and programmers
· Perform quality assurance checks of process control systems as required
· Collaborate on the design, review, information gathering, inspection, and commissioning / start-up of projects that include process control equipment or systems
· Perform the configuration/programming for process control systems and substation IED’s, make changes to existing programs, review and approve programming by integrators and functional operation of all process control systems, and participate in factory witness testing
· Perform or coordinate required maintenance on process control equipment or systems
· Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues
· Primary subject matter expert for the PI servers, databases and applications
· Perform software upgrades, adding new facilities, replacement of hardware and software
· Develop and maintain relationship with process control vendors to keep current with changes in operational control systems
· Assist local operations with the creation and administration of budgets to install, maintain and replace process control equipment
· Coordinate / provide technical training for company personnel within service territory to maintain / enhance technical skill sets of local operations
· Ensure that strong change management practices are followed regarding the process control systems
· Work with SQL Server and PI databases, managing data flow between the two systems
· Integrate PI Nodes with SCADA systems and substation IED for data collection
· Manage a highly redundant PI and PI AF infrastructure spread across multiple datacenters
· Manage PI data, backups, and application health monitoring.
· Administrate PI SharePoint Web Parts
· Create internal training and documentation materials for the PI system. Train internal users on PI system
· Develop customized reports and screens in PI
· Provide internal support for the PI systems. Interface with tech support, developers and operations to troubleshoot issues
· Maintain database connectivity between the database systems
· Assist in start-up services, troubleshooting, and training for commissioned systems
· Travel to sites and offices as required
· BS in Engineering or other related field or foreign equivalent.
· 5 years of experience with OSIsoft PI application suite including: implementation, customization, enhancements and maintenance of systems (SharePoint webparts, ACE, RDBMS, UFL, Modbus, OPC, DNP3, etc.).
· 3 years of experience in each of the following:
o Working with utility scale wind farm implementations, all phases of project implementation including: design generation, system integration, and documentation, project start-up and commissioning and PI programming languages.
· 2 years of experience in each of the following:
o Modbus over serial, Modbus over TCP/IP, DNP 3.0, and OPC communication protocols between disparate vendor platforms, and
o Data communication systems, protocols, wired and wireless network systems.
· 1 year of field experience configuring and troubleshooting SEL or similar IEDs. Completion of SEL APP 3530 course. Completion of SEL APP 351 course or SEL APP 734 course.
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...