This position requires that the candidate be proficient and skilled in the art of all aspects of analytical research and development as they relate to method development, validation and transfer for pharmaceuticals intended for the branded and generic markets. The candidate must be must have a broad and far-reaching understanding of the chemical literature, including standard and novel methods and techniques such as HPLC, uPLC and GC; Mass spectrometry; Infrared spectrometry; PXRD; and the like. The candidate must have direct experience in supporting the manufacture of multi-Kg quantities of pharmaceutical intermediates and API's. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of late stage (Phase 2b and 3) and / or commercial development of APIs. The candidate must also have experience in managing a research team, including developing project strategy, managing timelines and budgets, managing performance, including conducting performance reviews, and coaching and developing staff. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:The candidate is expected to:
- Define departmental strategy to meet project goals and deliverables.
- Oversee a safe laboratory, including direct oversight and management of a group of highly trained and experienced scientists.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Represent the Research and Development Department at project team and cross functional line meetings.
- The position requires minimal travel (~ 2 weeks per year).
PhD in analytical chemistry with minimum 10 years of industrial experience in API/ chemical development with prior managerial experience.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
- Broad knowledge of chemical analysis, strategies and techniques, and the interpretation of the results of these analytical methods.
- Broad knowledge of the hazards of working with organic materials and reagents and solvents.
- Experience in supporting the scale up of Kg quantities of pharmaceutical intermediates and API Familiarity in working in a Manufacturing / Quality Control environment.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.