Position Title |
Sr. Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
R&D position responsible for conducting and coordinating computer modeling and simulation work in support of packaging innovation projects. Develop test methods that correlate with packaging field performance and simulation results. Work will include performing FEA, CFD analyses and planning, sourcing & oversight of collaboration among various functions such as Design, R&D, Packaging Development and consultants. Work will encompass structural analysis, computational fluid dynamics, mass and heat transfer, control systems and converting machine systems for polymer and paperboard products/processes. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of package material, package development, conversion and packing processes in the following manner:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Ensure that computer modeling and simulation is used effectively to support the design and development of new packages, new/existing converting processes and packing lines.
- Perform modeling and simulation to predict package performance and develop testing and experimentation for validation of results.
- Use Design of Experiment and statistical analysis principles to alidate prototype designs in collaboration with packaging development engineers and scientists.
- Define and organize modeling and simulation projects for existing processes, front end innovation, and development projects establishing objectives and scope working with project leaders.
- Obtain target performance specifications and operations requirements
- Work with Project Leader to define objectives, prepare Scope of Work and schedule for project, develop & perform analyses and/or request quotations, and coordinate work by external resources when needed.
- Participate in cross functional project team meetings including formal written /oral briefings.
- Identify roles /responsibilities and time allocation required for resources associated with M&S effort. Coordinate the assigned deliverables of each program resource.
- Identify and adapt technologies, processes, equipment, materials and suppliers that will build and enhance M&S capabilities.
- Write and implement the procedures for the using the new technologies, processes, equipment, materials and suppliers.
- Organize, document, analyze and report internal and external M&S analyses, experiments and test work.
- BS, Masters or PhD in Engineering with concentration in CAE analytics
- Minimum 3 years design and engineering experience in computer aided engineering structural and fluid analyses. Expert in the use of packages such as Ansys, Cosmos, Abaqus, Nastran, or similar programs.
- Proficient with PC based word processing, spread sheet, and graphics presentations software.
- Experienced in managing projects / project teams, making group presentations, chairing meetings.
- Adaptable to rapid change in project and resource (people) environment. Quick to learn and utilize new technology, absorb large quantities of information and distill down to priorities.
- Initiative in instituting projects to remove barriers or add capabilities to the product development process.
- Experience with Design Of Experiment and test protocols for validation studies
- Proficient in the use of CAD software, preferably Unigraphics NX and Solidworks
- Related experience working with lab equipment, fixtures and measuring devices
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 10 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...