HTC's Innovation Team is looking for a motion designer with 5 or more years’ experience, who can contribute to the HTC user experience through quality motion design. We are looking for outstanding motion design skills and passion for creating innovative mobile user experiences.
What you get to do everyday:
- Utilize conceptual thinking skills in collaboration with UX Designers to create innovative mobile user experiences.
- Participate in brainstorms that generate innovative, unexpected ideas — and contribute to the motion design direction at project outset.
- Help Visual and UX designer understand the importance of spatial context, and think about motion transitions when designing layouts and interactions.
- Collaborate with visual and interaction designers to help illustrate scenarios and storyboards that communicate design concepts to team members, product groups, and executives.
- Create inspiring storyboards and motion style frames.
- Translate storyboards into animatics and motion comps.
- Create high fidelity UI animations for prototyping to help iterate and evolve design concepts.
- Help to inspire, excite, and motivate other departments.
- Validate input from other stakeholders.
- Explore Investigate, kick off, and evangelize motion design initiatives based off UX needs.
- Present and evangelize motion design concepts to design/engineering teams.
- Deliver and critique production-ready animation templates, and develop comprehensive Motion Design Standards and Guidelines.
- Accurately judge level of effort for individual/team design contributions.
- Manage design deliverables.
- Track design related issues.
- Mentor and inspire visual and UX designers in motion design field.
- Contribute to an evolving design culture and process at HTC's UX Design team group and throughout HTC's worldwide design organization.
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years motion design experience, preferably for interactive UI vs. broadcast (mobile design a huge plus).
- Experience shipping multiple products from concept to creation.
- Experience contributing to the overall motion design direction for UX projects. Working knowledge of full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables.
- Experience working with and influencing a multi-disciplinary team of visual designers, UX designers, researchers, planners, engineers, business development, product planning, and sales.
- Knowledge of formal visual design and composition principles, and a working knowledge of Interaction Design and Information Architecture.
- Expert knowledge of motion design principles (timing, anticipation, staging, ease in/out velocity control, secondary motion, etc.) Generally cultivated sense of motion.
- Comfortable designing motion for small screens, and within specific hardware limitations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to self-start and self-manage on projects. Proven track record of on-time, high-quality deliverables for projects.
- BA/MA in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or closely related field.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; 2D Motion design experience utilizing Adobe After Effects and Photoshop is mandatory.
- 3D skills a huge plus. (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya).
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills.
- Passion for mobile technology and visual design discipline.
- Willingness to be a team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer