The Sr. Network Engineer - Architect, will maintain current working knowledge of industry best of breed solutions for enterprise-level network and related solutions; lead design and implementation efforts for Private Cloud solutions based software applications. Participate as a leading member of the Cloud Services Engineering and Architecture team; develop high-level and detailed documentation, including architectural and procedural documents; implement and support a variety of network and related infrastructure systems in a high availability multi-datacenter network model.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architectural design and documentation of the company's Cloud Services network infrastructure.
- Participate as a leading member of the Aprimo Cloud Services Engineering and Architecture team to help design scalable, enterprise-level network solutions for Cloud based application delivery.
- Implement and support a variety of network related systems.
- Provide senior level network technical solution design and support.
- Manage and leadership oversight and hands on support of network technologies, including routers, firewalls, switches, WAN technologies.
- Ensure network infrastructure processes, procedures and technology support the protection of electronic assets from unauthorized access.
- Manage in-scope networks and systems in accordance with the formal change management procedures and processes.
- Provide support for budgeting and procurement of network projects.
- Provide timely status reports regarding network projects and activities.
- Provide architectural network analysis and design reviews
Experience and/or Education
- Expert-level understanding of network architecture, solutions, and technologies, such as F5, Force10, and Cisco.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and supporting networks in enterprise-level organizations.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise with a breadth of network technologies, including routers, firewalls, WAN technologies, etc.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to maintain current working knowledge of related hardware, software, solutions, and processes.
- Experience participating in large, complex projects.
- Experience working with third parties (contractors/consultants).
- Experience with coordinating internal and external auditing efforts in order to meet compliance requirements for network security related procedures, processes and activities.
- Ability to function as the highest point of escalation for network-related issues.
- Able to be a team player and to be customer-service focused.
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) strongly preferred.
- Seven to ten years Network experience required.
- Three to five years experience architecting and engineering enterprise-level network infrastructure required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions required.
- Three to five years experience participating in formal projects required.
- Cisco CCIE certification strongly preferred.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...