Posting Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer, Cloud Services
Requisition #: 136726BR
Posting Location: United States - Massachusetts - Andover
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Sr. Network Engineer, Cloud Services
Reporting To: Manager, Network Operations
Location: Andover, MA
**NOTE: Only local candidates will be considered--Principals Only-NO AGENCIES
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary, full medical/dental/life/disability insurance package for all employees. We also offer extensive training in the most current technologies, as well as, college tuition reimbursement.
What You Will Do as a Sr. Network Engineer, Desktone Cloud Services:
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for contributing to the design, implementation and direct support of customers utilizing the NaviSite NaviCloud Desktone Cloud Services Platform. You will configure and maintain network equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and VPN Concentrators. Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies is required for this position. In this position you will perform network and host-based security and risk assessments, design and implement security-related improvements / enhancements to customer and internal networks and work with network and systems engineers in implementing security infrastructure components.
What We Are Looking For in a Sr. Network Engineer Candidate:
BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred, plus 3 or more years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing security policies and infrastructure in a multi-customer ISP Data environment. Experience with designing and implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches and internet related networking and securities technologies.
Experience with networking equipment such as high end Cisco Routers and switches, Cisco Catalyst 6509; Juniper Routers, particularly in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant Gigabit Ethernet environment. Experience with OSPF and HSRP is required.
Job Code: CB: 11/01/12, navitbot
- Experience with BGP, ISIS, EIGRP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP would be a plus.
- Experience in network and systems security, not only a key understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to implement policies, processes and develop solutions to network and security problems.
- Experience administering and deploying network firewalls, such as Netscreen, Checkpoint, Nokia, Cisco ASA, Pix and Cisco ACLs.
- Site-to-site IPSEC VPN and Cisco IOS zone based firewalls, NATTING
- Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such as Alteon, Cisco CSS11xxx, Foundry, F5 BigIP, and Netscaler.
- Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to other internal teams and to our customers.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and encryption.
- Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop, NA/Sniffer Pro, snoop, tcpdump, ethereal and other Open Source tools.
- All of our Network and Security Engineers participate in an On-Call rotation
FCC Unit_TWC: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00800 - Andover Minuteman
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...