Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting complex network topologies including data, voice , security, video, and wireless networks.
• Routing protocols including BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF
• TCP/IP, MPLS, VLANs, Trunks, and Ether Channel
• Configuration and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls (IOS and NX-OS)
• Juniper Firewalls and Radware load balancers, and Riverbed WAN appliances
• Enterprise Wi-Fi (Ruckus Wireless a Plus) configuration and maintenance
• VoIP Network Solutions
• Provides project management for all network and security infrastructure changes to the environment
• Assists with the design, implementation, and management of disaster recovery infrastructure, policy and procedures, and business continuity plans
• Designs/develops complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
• Troubleshoot network systems and application performance with packet capture and protocol analysis.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Perform and evaluate cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measure feasibility of various approaches and make recommendations.
• Provide highly complex technical support by investigating and resolving network-related matters.
• Apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex network requirements and problems. Develop training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of all network related projects
Approximately 6 years experience:
• Network Engineer in an enterprise environment
• Networking technologies (Cisco/Juniper)
• Security technologies (Firewall/IDS/IPS)
• 2+ years WAN Optimization technologies (preferably Riverbed)
• VMWare Experience a plus
• SAN Experience a plus
• Experience working within a financial company a plus.
• Strong communication skills to communicate network/systems issues and resolutions to management
• Provide network diagnoses and resolution for current networks/systems
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Implementation
• Strong documentation skills (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor other personnel
• Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience
• CCNA Cisco certified (CCNP or CCDP preferred)
Other Certifications preferred but not required
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist - Firewall/VPN (JNCIS-FWV)
• Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate – WAN Optimization (RCSA-W)
• Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional – Network Performance Management (RCSP-NPM)
• Radware Certified Connectivity Specialist for LinkProof (RCCS)
• Flexibility to work varying schedules,some shift work, on-call.
Atos Origin - 22 months ago