Frontier is one of the nation's largest independent telecommunications providers offering local, long distance, and Internet access services in 24 states over 2.4 million access lines.
With more than 100 years of telecommunications experience, we operate on a solid, time-tested foundation of communications and operational excellence with products and services for both residential and commercial customers. Summary:
Senior Network Engineer
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Senior Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design inter-office electronic transport and data switching networks. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on state-wide designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. They will also be required to understand circuit design and routing through this equipment and will be expected to understand and work in the system used for this purpose (M6-MetaSolve).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will have responsibility for a geographic area regarding all inter-office transport and data switching within this boundary and/or assist in other duties outside of the area as assigned.
- Partner in planning solutions for the assigned area and implement selected solutions by writing projects and interfacing with construction during the installation process as required.
- Have a working knowledge of equipment in the network and new equipment being deployed particularly focusing on the migration to Ethernet transport and IP/MPLS switching/routing. This will include but is not limited to the following equipment:
7450 Ethernet Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent – DDM, DMX, CBX500, FT2000, Lambda Unite, Litespan2000, 7300
- Tellabs – Titan 5500, 7100 ROADM
- Adtran – Opti, MX2800, TA5000, TA1248
- Calix – C7, E5
- Fujitsu – Flashwave, FLM
- Actelis – ML2300, ML638, ML1300, ML130, ML150, ML624
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
- Cisco – ME3400, ME3600, 6509, 7206, 15454
- Juniper – ERX1440, E320, M320, M10i
- Work in and understand the engineering systems:
Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be well versed in interoffice engineering and construction. The individual must have a working knowledge of ring topologies (point-to-point, linear chain, add drop, BLSR, UPSR etc). They must also understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria. They will also be expected to understand accounting guidelines, tariffs, and have strong capital budget background. Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Infinium – work order estimating and material ordering system,
- M6 – Circuit and equipment inventory and design system.
- Various web-based programs
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products. B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 5 years experience in a data or circuit related position. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Frontier Communications - 14 months ago
Serving city dwellers and country folk alike, Frontier Communications provides phone, Internet, and satellite TV (through a partnership with...