U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance.
Provide technical engineering support for a large federal government agency’s highly complex classified network infrastructure environment to include multiple enclaves comprising various classification levels. Network engineering support includes all engineering activities required to support the standard information technology lifecycle. Provide design and engineering activities in support of new network solutions for a multi-enclave enterprise network environment.
• Perform requirements analysis to determine appropriate network solutions.
• Conceptualize, develop, and evaluate the network architecture based on user and application requirements.
• Responsible for creating documentation, Visio drawings, managing IP ranges, performing IOS upgrades and configuration upgrades, switch standardization.
• Perform development and internal verification of functional area requirements
• Identify, design, and test infrastructure enhancements that deliver new functionality, improve performance, or lower operating costs
• Monitor industry best practices and incorporate appropriate processes
• Assist in determining and delivering network modifications to optimize the network infrastructure
• Support the analysis, design, and testing of Voice over IP (VOIP) services
• Support the analysis, design, and testing of interfaces between the customer’s networks and external networks
• Identify, design solutions for the next generation of ComSec equipment.
• Identify, design, and test new network designs
• Provide detailed solutions as needed for all three levels of networks ( Unclassified, Secret, TS)
• Analyze network performance, including root cause analysis of performance issues and identifying potential solutions
• Proven experience in all (or most) phases of the network product development cycle, (specification/requirements, design, development, testing and maintenance).
• Must be articulate, good with creating documentation and drawings and meticulous in their work.
• Experience with Cisco Nexus Routing / Switching Platform
• Experience with Fibre Channel is a plus
• Experience with VTC is a plus
• Experience with Cisco 6500 series platform, Nexus and setting up hierarchical network based on Core – Distribution – Access Layer Model.
• Ability to research and design innovative architectures meeting stringent flexibility, resiliency, scalability, energy-efficiency and other requirements of large, critical network infrastructures.
• Innovation mind-set and follow-through innovation cycle (feasibility studies, trade studies, analysis of alternatives, development, experiment, deployment, validation)
• Technical project planning and management experience.
• 5+ years involvement in designing large Backbone/Core/LAN/WAN network environments.
• 2+ years in VoIP / converged network design
• Knowledge of integrated security infrastructure design, green IT & network architecture design.
• Experienced in core Internet protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, QoS, etc.)
• Expert of TCP/IP, ATM, MPLS networking technologies, Cisco products and services such as Cisco Works, Cisco routers and switches, and configuration, troubleshooting, and communications security equipment.
• Self-starter, able to be effective without excessive direction.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
Preferred Additional Skills and Qualifications:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) /Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent experience
• Work with VSS (Virtual Switching System)
• Experience in network engineering within the federal intelligence community
• Experience with engineering analysis tools for availability and capacity design
• 5+ years experience in design of circuit based wide area networks
• Experience in dark fiber communications design
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Intelligent Decisions - 20 months ago
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...