We have an immediate need for a Network Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of network improvements to meet the changing needs of our clients Business Units. You will be responsible for all aspects of the LAN Infrastructure, including maintenance-proactive and reactive-and optimization. If you are available and interested, please apply online now for consideration.
CLEARANCE: TOP SECRET
Place of Performance: Export Import Bank Washington, DC 20571
- Function as lead for WAN, LAN, and MAN networks
- Provides high-level enterprise network support: resolves problems and answer questions related to the network, contacts vendor and carrier support when necessary to resolve network problems and/or outages
- Ensures that the network is running at optimum speed and efficiency through monitoring and optimization
- Installs, configures, and documents network systems
- Administers, maintains, secures, supports and recovers network systems
- Plans, coordinates, designs, tests, and implements technical solutions for multiple concurrent projects, either individually or as a member of a project team
- Provides immediate feedback to Project Managers and Managers on the health and well being of the network
- Perform technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems.
- Maintains and operates network monitoring and diagnostic equipment for capacity planning, maintenance and diagnostic purposes
- Provides technical support regarding network operations, problems, and malfunctions
- Performs diagnostic tests, notes symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users
- Serves as the technical liaison to the user community
- Serves as the technical lead in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Serves as the technical liaison to vendors
- Coordinates service calls and schedules appointments with service providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems and malfunctions
- Prepares network diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentations, and narrative reports
- Responsible for making, documenting, and implementing all required cable runs
- CISCO hardware
- In-depth understanding of the OSI networking model.
- Demonstrated, thorough knowledge of key protocols such as TCP, IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing protocols, such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF
- At least 3 years experience in design and implementation of large enterprise networks
- Ability to monitor the network environment using hardware and software tools
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence
- Effective writing and speaking skills sufficient to be persuasive in advocating technical solutions tailored to meet specific business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of management ant ability to lead employees to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems; excellent teamwork skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Cisco based network
- Minimum 5 years experience in an enterprise level environment supporting multiple, diverse sites
- Cisco certification a must
- Ability to handle Network Systems Administration tasks
- Demonstrated experience at working well with senior and peer management, all levels of end users, and peers in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- All CISCO certifications will be considered.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescriptions
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Monster - 11 months ago