TITLE: Sr. Network Engineer
LOCATION: Woodland Hills, CA (Only local candidates considered)
Responsible for the overall network maintenance of a large and complex network infrastructure.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Usually requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
2. Four years of industry level experience in installing and configuring network systems.
3. Experience with TCP/IP networking and protocols: Familiarity with BGP, OSPF, VRRP required.
4. Experience with layer2 switching technologies, VLAN/Spanning-tree required.
5. Experience with Foundry/Brocade and Cisco switches and routers.
6. Preferred experience with load balancing technologies, such as Citrix Netscaler and F5 BigIP.
7. Experience with Firewall/VPN IPSec solutions preferred, such as Palo Alto, Juniper SRX/SSG and Cisco ASA firewalls.
8. Experience with LAN/WAN technologies such as Gigabit Ethernet, DS3 required.
9. Excellent trouble-shooting experience with packet sniffers (tcpdump,WireShark, etc.).
10. Experience with network security, network ACL, sflow, network management.
11. Experience with Perl and shell scripting a plus.
12. Must be an effective written and verbal communicator.
1. Install, configure, and maintain network circuits and devices. Keep network hardware/software up to date.
2. Perform the coordination for various networking tasks and projects both within and outside the department.
3. Assist with design and implementation of various network projects.
4. Perform extensive troubleshooting on network circuits, routers/switches/firewalls/load balancers.
5. Evaluate new network technologies and network devices.
6. Document network infrastructure, network operation processes and procedures.
7. Train and assist Network Engineers as needed.
8. On-call requiring immediate responses to alerts to address network outages, including after hours.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.