We provide a unique opportunity for an exceptional, entrepreneurial spirited senior level network engineer to help us in our New York professional services business. This position will expand your existing engineering skills while at the same time developing your business savvy. You will gain invaluable experiences in project management as project leader and implementer.
- Cisco CCNA certification required with CCNP / CCDP certifications highly desired.
- Experience working in a fast-paced systems integrator consultancy or similar professional services organization.
- Enjoys working with existing clients and is eager to engage potential new clients.
- Service oriented attitude - will do what it takes to get the job done correctly.
- Ability to manage a technical project with minimum oversight.
- Eager learner who picks up new technologies easily and can become proficient in a short time.
- Prefers knowing well a broader range of technologies as opposed to being highly specialized in a few.
- Technical lead experience is a plus.
- Available for after hours or weekend project work.
Successful candidates should have five or more years experience, be highly motivated, and possess excellent communications skills. College degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Electrical Engineering is preferred. Cisco CCNA certification required with CCNP / CCDP / CCIE certifications highly desired.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting of advanced network security (Intrusion prevention, 802.1x, log auditing, WAAS application acceleration, etc.)
- Design and setup a TCP/IP network including DNS, DHCP, and WINS.
- Analysis, design, architecture, implementation and support of LAN / MAN / WAN / FCIP / iSCSI / WAP / L2-7 / NAM, Content, routing protocols, Metro Ethernet, switches, routers, network appliances, AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting/ Radius and Tacacs+ implementations), security and network upgrades, PVLANs, DVPN, IPSEC VPN, STP, VTP, ACLs, BGP4, EIGRP, maintenance, design and support.
- Experience with WAN technologies (MPLS, VPN, DVPN, Frame Relay, Sonet, DWDM).
- Experience with corporate wireless network implementations and management.
- Develop and execute network upgrades, design, implementation and operational plans, including advice on equipment procurement, vendor engagement, management, change and service control management, logistics.
- Prepare network documentation, naming conventions, IP space, application specific information and detailed network diagrams.
- Project leadership in completing project tasks and applying technology to client business issues, such as: specialized security review, network design and implementation.
- Participate in 7 X 24 on-call rotation to support production systems during and after normal business hours.