We are currently looking for a talented and passionate Sr. Network SW Engineer to become part of our dynamic development team. More than any other quality, we are looking for those driven by the challenge of solving unique and difficult technical problems, those who excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new.
Core Skills and Knowledge
• Strong software developer with an excellent grasp of Computer Science fundamentals in operating systems, data structures and algorithms
• Experience in C, C++ and Python.
• Experience in software development in Unix and Linux operating systems
• Experience in developing real time systems
• Strong fundamentals in Computer Science. Key areas: Operating systems, Algorithms, Data Structures. Candidate should be able to demonstrate tangible innovations using these fundamentals, in system areas such as performance, scalability, latency reduction etc.
• Experience in designing, developing and optimizing for large back end systems. Versant with client server architectures.
• Experience in software development methodology, from concept to delivery, rooted in experience of leading large features to delivery. Is able to break down complex tasks into workable pieces
• A sharp problem solver
• Keen to develop deep domain knowledge in software components of ownership. Sought out for advice.
• Desirable: Understanding of Agile software methodology.
• Desirable: An understanding of networking systems or firewalls
• An genuine interest in the products developed, with an understanding of what it takes to be best in class.
• Understands the importance of Usability (UE) and how it relates to product design
• A strong interest in keeping up with the evolving trends in back end system software development, a knowledge of the evolving trends
• Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team such as other software teams, hardware teams, QA teams, Product Line Management, Sales Engineering, TAC, Network management teams, Documentation and upper management.
• Experience in closing feature requirements with marketing, breaking down work to build a project plan
• A keen eye on innovation on a day to day basis, the candidate should be able to explain where he went above and beyond product requirements. Patents desirable.
• Takes initiative to identify team issues, then proactively resolves them.
• A real self starter, self motivated, aggressive yet always professional. Not afraid to speak up.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to present well, easy to work with and sought after. Practices influencing skills and effective communication in day to day practice. Able to build consensus with all staff.
• Strong communication skills: Has the ability to explain problems in a clear concise way based on audience
• Desired: Able to lead junior staff through influencing skills. Mentors staff. Takes an active interest in work of peers and junior engineers with the goal of helping them out. Sought out for help.
• A sense of service: positivity, humility
• Receives direction and feedback well. Acts on it.
• Desired: Experience in hiring A players.
Cisco Systems - 22 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...