Responsible for the overall global enterprise
network and network security architectures and technologies, ensuring a
cost-effective and efficient infrastructure that supports the applications and
processes essential to business units and departmental operations.
Work with other network engineering peers and
maintain close relationships with other IT departments in providing engineering
support. In conjunction with the Network Operations group, troubleshoot and
resolve network related problems in order to minimize client productivity loss
caused by technical outages.
Design solutions and provide recommendations
that are in line with budget, productivity, and quality objectives within the
Network Engineering organization. Must have a thorough knowledge of networking
components, configurations, and emerging technologies, including their
interrelationship with existing network infrastructure.
Strong verbal and written communication and
planning skills are required as well as a demonstrated ability to quickly learn
new technology and solve complex problems.
· Conduct core network infrastructure
planning and design to ensure consistent delivery of results based on overall
· Provide leadership and work guidance as well
as problem resolution of complex problems to less experienced personnel
· Evaluate new and evolving technology, which
enhance process efficiency, reduce cost and/or enhance customer and/or user
satisfaction, for applicability and impact on operational goals
· Recommend data, voice, or video network
investment decisions to management based on results of independent assessment
of current and future network performance, stability, and network management
· Perform cost analyses and vendor
comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations; measure
feasibility of various approaches, make recommendations as appropriate
· Maintain technical knowledge and stay
abreast of technical advancements in primary functional areas of responsibility
Minimum of 10 years in the Network and Security Technology fields with specific
experience in designing and delivering LAN, WAN, MAN and Data Center/Cloud
networking solutions. In depth knowledge of TCP/IP, and Firewalls as well as security
best practices. Technical writing and analytical experience in debugging and
diagnosing complex network issues and reporting on prognosis and or break/fix
specifics. Extensive experience with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls,
IDS/IPS, Cisco VPN, Blue Coat Proxy Servers, and PKI.
Strong Leadership skills and work ethic. Self-starting with the ability to
learn on the fly and respond to network/security issues with a high sense of
urgency and ownership while understanding how they affect the bigger picture.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to translate complex
technological issues across skill sets and act as a liaison between teams.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer
science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· Minimum of 10 years experience in a related
· Broad knowledge of IP network and security
· Demonstrated competency in developing
efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
· Highly desirable Cisco certifications for this position include the
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
o CCIE Security
· Other desirable Cisco certifications for this position include
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
Hitachi Data Systems - 21 months ago
Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The...