Sr. Operations Analyst Fin/Ops
Under general direction and with some latitude for independent judgment and discretion, this position provides key financial operations support to clients by coordinating and setting up client profiles, reconciling and tracking financial transactions and interfacing with clients to address and resolve inquiries and issues. Additionally, this position is responsible for acting as the primary resource for less experienced banking associates.
1. Coordinates quality implementation of new clients (add, changes and deletes) through bank arrangements, testing and alteration of internal systems. Establishes client profile and authentication of successful actions through monitoring and follow-up. Also, performs process management, reporting and client review, reconciliation operations and data entry.
2. Generates, balances and transmits transaction files according to departmental procedures.
3. Performs follow-up activities to maintain overall client relationship including but not limited to: Account Funding, Stop Payments, Positive Pay Exceptions, ACH Returns and Reversals, and processing failures.
4. Generates reports and spreadsheets to complete reconcilement packages and deliver according to client requirements and schedule. This may entail performing complex reconciliation and analysis using database resources, client information and other data.
5. Upon receipt of client inquiries, production discrepancies with financial institutions, or other client/participant issues from customer service opens, tracks and resolves operational issues in a timely and customer service oriented manner. This may entail performing a detailed investigation and complex analysis to meet operational deadlines and achieve client driven satisfaction.
6. Participates in the design and authorized installation of process improvements and procedural updates as needed to correct or increase departmental efficiency.
7. Serves as a primary resource for less experienced associates by responding to questions, facilitating timely and accurate exchange of information, and providing incidental direction as appropriate. Incumbents may also lead and provide direction and feedback to others on special projects as assigned.
A knowledge and understanding of business, finance and accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field of study.
Work Experience or Related Experience:
The ability to provide lead financial operations support as described as normally obtained through four - five years progressively responsible experience specifically performing accounting and/or commercial banking activities that involve tracking, analysis, reconciliation, and reporting.
Previous experience in a lead role is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
A good understanding of full life-cycle processing in the credit card arena is required. The ability to plan and execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized professional manner is required.
Interpersonal skills to interact positively with all levels of the organization and external contacts are critical.
Good verbal and written communication skills are required to relay technical information to non-technical people and act as a resource for less experienced associates as described. A customer service orientation is essential.
Incumbents must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
The ability to utilize software and related operations to perform work and accomplish workflow efficiencies is required.
A superior attention to detail and the ability to perform work that is detailed and routine are necessary. Incumbents must be able to perform work with some time restrictions and limited resources and still maintain an adequate level of accuracy.
Incumbents must have proficient skills and abilities with a personal computer and have a good knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel and Word. Additionally, Great Plains Dynamics, Oracle 11i financials, or other accounting or business management software experience are preferred.
WageWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WageWorks - 17 months ago
WageWorks wants to make administration of tax-advantaged spending accounts easier. The company helps some 5,000 clients, including more than...