General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) is part of General Dynamics and has been a trusted partner to the U.S. intelligence, maritime, space and homeland communities for more than 50 years. With the expertise to lead, the insight to deliver and the commitment to succeed, we staff each mission with a carefully selected team of seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., General Dynamics employs approximately 91,000 people worldwide. The company is a market leader in advanced information systems, intelligence collection and processing, business aviation, land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions, shipbuilding and marine systems, and information systems and technologies.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for a Contract - Sr. Oracle Database Administrator to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations fundamental defense services. GDAIS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to build and further advance GDAIS software systems and applications. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Advanced Software Engineer will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
- Install and manage large Oracle RAC databases in both NAS and SAN configurations on RAIDs
- Configure and trouble-shoot OID, OIM, and LDAP for user authentication
- Configure and manage OLS to support multi-level security access
- Configure SSL between Oracle products
- Develop scripts and procedures for Database Backup and Recovery
- Experience developing scripts and procedures for database auditing
- Database Performance Tuning
- Experience developing in, and working with, Oracle Linux
- Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications, and the ability to effectively manage, grow and evolve GDAIS software solutions.
The Sr. Oracle Database Administrator position requires a bachelors degree in a specialized area or equivalent field and ten years + of related experience; or masters degree and six to eight years of related experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Candidates for this position MUST meet the following minimum requirements :
- Current TS/SCI plus meet program security prerequisites
- Background and experience with Oracle WebLogic
- Experience working with Oracle Linux
- Experience configuring and managing OLS to support multi-level security access
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise User Security (EUS)
- Experience configuring and trouble-shooting OID, OIM, and LDAP for user authentication
- Experience working with Oracle RAC and ASM and EMC RAIDs
- Experience with Oracle database backup and recovery
- Experience with Oracle Performance Tuning
- Experience with Linux System Administration
- Experience configuring SSL between Oracle products
- Experience working with PKI, Certificates, etc