Responsible for designing and programming the product configuration requirements as defined by the business into Pella¿s Order Acquisition Systems. Works closely with business partners to understand the business requirements and create designs that meet those requirements. Will be responsible for helping to establish and implement processes to ensure that required changes are programmed correctly, properly tested and successfully implemented.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Percentages represent guidelines only; May vary by position and fluctuate due to changing business needs.
1. 35% Product Programming ¿ Program the product configuration as required in the proposed design. This will involve understanding the design requirement, programming the system, unit testing the changes and working with business partners to ensure full system testing is complete and the implementation is successful.
2. 25% Production Support ¿ Takes a lead role in identifying root cause of production order issues and developing a plan to resolve the issues. This will involve working with the business partner to help identify the issue, understand the impact, propose a solution and implement the solution. In addition, review existing processes for opportunity to prevent similar production issues in the future.
3. 20% System Design ¿ Work closely with the business partners to create system designs that meet the product configuration requirements of the business.
4. 10% Documentation ¿ Create and update documentation for changes made to systems. Assist in the review of documentation created by team members to ensure it is understood, accurate and follows current documentation format. In addition, propose and implement new processes / changes to existing processes that help ensure the successful implementation of projects.
5. 10% Project management ¿ Assist the Team Lead / Manager in establishing project plans and estimating work effort as well as communicate the status of tasks to the appropriate parties.
6. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
7. Responsibilities outside of normal business hours: Assist with production product configuration issues that occur outside normal business or require coding / implementation outside normal business hours.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities: Responsible for designing and programming BOM and / or Configurator requirements into the Oracle system. This includes working with business partners to understand the business requirements and creating designs that meet those requirements. Responsible for creating project plans and coordinating tasks. Responsibilities also include helping to resolve production issues, documenting changes made to the Oracle system and implementing / improving processes that help ensure accurate data.
Technical / functional skills (includes computer skills): Thorough knowledge of Pella product offering, Oracle BOM / Configurator, JAVA, MS Project, MS Office, Outlook.
Certifications or licenses: none
Travel Expected: 0-15% of time
Education & Work Experience
Bachelor¿s degree in computer related field (MIS or Computer Science or equivalent) or equivalent and 5+ years of experience with Product Configuration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
Pella Corporation is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Tobacco-Free Work Environment. Pre-offer background check and post-offer drug screen required. Pella participates in E- Verify. Pella will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pella Corporation provides a working environment free of discrimination and harassment. Pella Corporation treats all persons equally, regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or disability, as each is protected under federal law. A number of states in which Pella operates have laws protecting classifications of Team Members not necessarily protected under federal law. Therefore, Pella also treats all persons equally, regardless of political affiliation and belief, pregnancy, national origin, age, creed, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, mental disorder, veteran status, ancestry or handicap as each category is protected under a municipal ordinance or state law.