We are looking for a strategic, creative and driven Senior Manager to expand Vimeo’s presence and relationships within the digital entertainment and advertising communities. The Senior Manager, PR will be a strong project manager able to effectively develop communication strategies while building working relationships and delivering measurable results. This position reports to Vimeo’s Director of Communications in New York.
Vimeo is the high quality video platform for creative people around the world. The Vimeo team is committed to delivering an inspiring video experience to over 85 million monthly creators and viewers—and we’re growing bigger every day.
Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Work with Director of Communications on the strategy and planning of Vimeo’s Public Relations initiatives, with focus on the Entertainment community
- Write press materials, including messaging documents, press releases, briefing sheets and wrap-up reports.
- Proactively plan and maintain work-back schedules
- Successfully pitch Vimeo to outlets across print, online, and broadcast
- Manage the execution of campaigns to secure the right breadth, depth and tone of communication for each initiative
- Act as point person for Vimeo speaking engagements: identify key topics and events relevant to Vimeo, secure speaking opportunities for Vimeo executives, develop speakers’ materials and promote engagements via relevant channels
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external PR agencies/consultants; ensure the highest performance, cooperation and motivation from agency partners
- Establish and report performance metrics for campaigns
To Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter that clearly describes your creative ability to promote content within the entertainment sector and your salary requirements at vimeo.com/jobs.
- 5+ years related work experience
- Established relationships with the entertainment and digital advertising media
- Proven expertise in promoting content within the entertainment sector
- Insane attention to detail; typos should give you heart palpitations
- Strong analytical skills, experience using metrics to drive decisions and report results
- Experience handling multiple projects and stakeholders
- BA required
- Knowledge and use of Vimeo highly preferred
Vimeo - 12 months ago