Are you someone who dreams in numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high energy accounting team? We are looking for a Sr. Payroll Accountant who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves. This person will lead a team to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll. The Payroll Accountant will work closely with the Payroll Manager and have the opportunity to master all payroll functions.
- Supervise the payroll processing to ensure accuracy of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles for 2500+ employees in US and Canada
- Monitor and prioritize daily work flow for the payroll processing group to ensure timely completion of payroll processes
- Responsible for relationships with HR and accounting Departments
- Prepare monthly journal entries and accruals for the US and Canada
- Reconcile all payroll activities at month-end
- Assist in the year-end close process for Payroll (coordinate communication for year-end updates and changes, audit the annual W2’s and T4’s and create New Year’s documents for People Ops)
- Assist with the internal and external auditors; SOX walkthroughs, 401K and Workers Comp audits
- Develop and maintain written departmental policies and procedures
- Create and process reports as needed
- Upload and maintain the benefits: 401K, Wage Works, Commuter, Benefit Solver, etc.
- Provide customer service to employees when asked by either the employee, HR, or Manager.
- Prepare various correspondence as directed by manager
- Assist manager and processors with special projects as requested
- Stay knowledgeable as changes occur in the Payroll industry for US and Canada
- Maintain electronic filing systems
- 4+ years experience of full cycle Payroll in a high volume environment
- Experience with Payroll Accounting; recording and reconciling payroll journal entries in the GL
- Experience with ADP payroll processing is required ( ADP Payforce, ADP eTime and ADP Reporting is highly desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills required
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules
- Ability to multi task
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations required
- Intermediate+ level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Some management experience is preferred.
Zynga - 22 months ago