Come join the hardest working, not-for-profit health plan in California and help deliver our mission to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at an affordable price. Blue Shield of California was founded in 1939 by a group of physicians who believed that everyone should be able to afford a visit to their doctor. More than 70 years later, Blue Shield now serves 3.3 million members, and is the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and pledge to return the difference to our customers and the community with the board of directors' approval. We returned more than $475 million in 2011. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution. In 2012, we were named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies . Since 2005, the company has contributed more than $170 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation, one of BusinessWeek's most generous corporate foundations .
Job Required Education/Experience
- Process and reconcile time cards to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll
- Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by reviewing updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, retro payments
- Investigates and resolves payroll discrepancies including preparation of manual check calculations
- Process Bonus, Severance, Terminations, and LOA's
- Preparation and processing payrolls to "update" employee history for W2
- Performs tax calculations and gross-up calculations
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll processing experience and a minimum of 500 employees or equivalent experience
- Experience with in-house payroll processing, ADP a plus
- Time Keeper setup, configuration, and processing experience
- Knowledge of tax implications based off type of earnings
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- Basic accounting skills
- Committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blue Shield of California - 9 months ago
Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to providing...