About American National Insurance Company:
Chartered in 1905, American National Insurance Company has evolved into an industry leader, ranking among the largest of life insurance companies in the United States. Directly and through subsidiaries, the company offers a broad line of insurance products and services, including life insurance, annuities, health insurance, property and casualty, credit insurance, and pension plan services.
For over 100 years, American National Insurance Company has been a leader and innovator in the insurance industry and is one of the most respected and financially sound insurers in the United States. If you are seeking a position with a stable yet growing company and opportunity for career progression, American National is the place to be.
American National is currently seeking candidates for the position: Sr. Plan Administrator in the Defined Benefits area.
Essential Functions and Duties:
This position will be responsible for providing plan administration to Defined Benefit fee for service clients. This includes:
· Responsible for performing defined benefit calculations to include annual actuarial valuation of the plan, reconciliation of plan assets, calculation of vested benefits due terminated plan participants, calculation of required minimum contributions, completion of Form 5500 Schedule B for actuarial certification, preparation of Form 5500 and related schedules, preparation of Pension Benefit Guaranty Premium filings and all employee communication material.
· Responsible for completing annual government filing accurately and timely.
· Responsible for communication with agents and plan sponsors regarding the administration of the plan which includes explaining plan document provisions (eligibility and employer contribution calculations) nondiscrimination testing results and contract fees.
· Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of pension administration software which includes department procedures.
· Researching IRS/DOL regulations to resolve issues.
· Resolving distribution/contribution processing issues.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma required; College Degree preferred
· Minimum of 4 years pension plan administration experience
· American Society of Pension, Professionals, and Actuaries (ASPPA) designation preferred.
· Possess a sound mathematical background and good computer skills
· Above average written and verbal communication skills
· Candidates must be analytical, organized, self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a team oriented environment
American National Family of Companies - 16 months ago