Dallas location of a national Railway/Transportation company is seeking a Senior Perl Developer for a 6 month contract.
- Build and maintain web applications using Mason and Perl.
- Create and manage SQL databases (using MySQL).
- Operate without finely-detailed specs and be able to make design and user interface decisions on your own while conforming to established site standards.
- Deliver applications that not only work well, but are attractive, have good user interface, and match the rest of the site in appearance and operation.
- Document your work and conform to established coding standards and methodologies.
- Five years of experience with Object-Oriented Perl and mod_perl programming; experience with Mason is a strong plus.
- Five years of experience with SQL programming and database design for a relational database management system (MySQL desired, Oracle).
- Experience with ColdFusion or similar tag-based languages (desirable).
- Strong aesthetic sense: You can see what looks attractive and professional and conforms to the look and feel of a site.
- Must be able to handle fast-paced, high-performance environment with highly talented peers. You will be a key member of a small team, so you need to be versatile and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and written English.
- Must be able to show portfolio of web applications that are attractive, functional, efficient, and work well.
- AJAX / Web 2.0 technologies
- Internationalization / Localization (Unicode)
- mod_perl programming
- LAMP enthusiast