Job Title: Sr. Petrophysicist
Req ID: 18901
Employment Type: Permanent
Talisman has been active in the Eagle Ford Shale for several years. The GeoScience Team is an integral part of the geological and reservoir development of the Eagle Ford asset, providing petrophysical analyses, geological wellsite operational organization, special projects, and data management.
Talisman Energy USA is currently seeking a Sr. Petrophysicist to support the Eagle Ford delivery unit. The successful candidate will be involved in both open hole and cased hole evaluation programs and analyses. As a member of a highly motivated technical team, you will provide petrophysical and geoscience support to geological, drilling, completions, wellsite operations, and reservoir development teams.
- 3-5 years of related experience in Petrophysical engineering including static and dynamic model development experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and familiarity with subsurface geology, geophysics, or reservoir engineering.
- An ability to work with service companies to design, implement, and quality control fit for purpose data acquisition programs.
- Working knowledge of analysis software both on PC and Linux platforms, and MSOffice programs.
- Experience with Paradigm’s Petrophysical Software Geolog and Schlumberger’s Techlog would be a definite asset, although training would be provided.
- Knowledge of wellsite operations.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and adaptable with the ability to develop and work independently.
- Selected candidates will display good communication skills, enthusiasm, teamwork, and an attitude towards making improvements.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the USA will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidate if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Talisman Energy - 15 months ago