Eaton Corporation’s PMC Division of Eaton Aerospace, has an opening for a Sr. Planner. The position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Sr. Planner is responsible for driving on time delivery through material flow planning and ensuring optimal scheduling production units.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Manage material flow (WIP – known good parts) through analysis of diverse reports, performing critical analysis to avoid operation disruptions caused by material availability constraints.
- Manage the work order function, which entails, but is not limited to, expediting of late or issuing components, manipulation of MRP planning parameters, creation/closure of all work orders based on established ERP best practices.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and influence multiple functional departments including: Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Operations, and other Supply Chain members.
- Metric owner of past due order reduction, MPS on time delivery, on time delivery of units to internal and external customers, and work order accuracy.
- Ability to understand capacity planning logic to maximize operational efficiency by constantly balancing supply with demand.
- Must have sound knowledge of MRP processes and familiarity with MFGPRO planning logic.
- Participate and lead in business processes improvement events such as meetings, kaizens, workshops, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving abilities are necessary to understand operational inefficiencies on plant performance issues.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Understand technical specifications, products performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations and achieve continuous improvement by analyzing a product’s value stream activity relative to parameters and optimize throughput, flexibility, and on-time delivery.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve planning function.
- Must actively participate in process improvement and creation/adhering to standard work.
- Establish optimal inventory levels to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine the production capacity required by the assigned cell to meet forecasted customer demand/master plan.
- Ability to work effectively with customer service to clarify requirements and identify solutions when constraints exist.
- Ability to work effectively with production to assess ability to meet customer needs and to develop work-around solutions when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in material planning and control in Supply Chain/Manufacturing.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- CPM or CPIM certification strongly preferred
Monster - 24 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...