Prepares and maintains accounting records which include general accounting, costing, and budget data. Develop product costs. Assists with monthly closing and perform account reconciliations. Prepare financial variance analysis reports. Prepare various budget and forecast schedules. Ensures process order settlement is complete and accurate.
Develop/maintain accurate standard costs
- Analyze process order variances to ensure that production information is recorded correctly
- Ensures that process orders are financially settled and closed
- Communicate process order variance results with local operations team with a view towards continuous improvement
- Ensure proper month end processing cut off
Assist with month end close procedures
- Participate in time studies
- Track process order variances to identify potential changes for processing time
- Thorough understanding of various methodologies to calculate costing rates
- Create standard costs in SAP for Management review and release
- Update summary reports on costing information
- Prepare cost estimates for new product formulations
Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Calculate accruals and prepare journal entries
- Perform and maintain account reconciliations
- Preparation, review and presentation of monthly performance of monthly financial performance to local operations team as required
- Prepares meaningful commentary for significant manufacturing and spend variances
Maintains and promotes a strong internal control environment within the plant
- Determine direct labor hours necessary to support budgeted volumes
- Develop appropriate standard costs to ensure that all budgeted costs are fully absorbed
- Develop weekly forecasts of standard operating costs
- Identifies weaknesses and implements processes to close any gaps in conjunction with company policy
- Maintains pertinent documentation of internal controls within the plant
- Participates in internal audits, explaining systems and answering queries
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding of cost accounting, month end closings and journal entries
- Self starter, dependable, adaptable, and requires minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 50% of total work time.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting
- 3-5 years relevant accounting experience
- Accounting experience in food industry
- SAP experience
- Professional designation (CPA/CMA)
Aryzta - 9 months ago