Reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering, the Senior Staff Engineer is responsible for providing support in the functional area of N2 Platform , which may include design, development, testing, debugging and integration with other products and may include general administrative tasks.
- Analyze, architect, design and build highly scalable core platform components and data processing infrastructure.
- Lead and mentor developers and quality engineers. Take ownership of delivering a high quality product.
- Work with Product Managers to understand business needs and propose technical solutions to meet them.
Education and/or Experience:
- Expert level skills in Java programming.
- Experience with large scale data processing applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with team members across functional group.
- Proficient with object oriented concepts, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in short release cycles, Agile/Lean XP, and Test Driven Development.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science with 7+ years of work experience.
- Knowledge of BDD and Cucumber is a plus.
Nominum - 21 months ago