The Accounting Department is looking to add a Senior Premium Accounting Representative to our team. Our team provides innovative products and coverage solutions as well as professional and impartial account handling. Join our team of skilled professionals that is dedicated to quality and superior customer service.
“Claim” your role.
Our Senior Premium Accounting Representative is a person who can support the Accounting team in the daily business operations. You will perform billing activities while maintaining an organized workload and manage many tasks at once.
Performs premium accounting/clerical activities of intermediate difficulty with knowledge of premium accounting transactions requiring collection of premiums, assembling and auditing accounts, processing and posting of account cash, reconciliation of account discrepancies and preparation of various reports. Verifies contracts, policy information and account status.
• Responsible for complex insurance customer billing, accounts receivable and commission payments.
• Provides service to customers regarding types of payments.
• Reconciles complex accounts; handles collections, lapses, and reinstatements.
• Provides service to brokers and sales personnel regarding commissions.
• Analyzes and reports financial information to policyholders, agents, brokers, underwriters and customers.
High school diploma with specialized accounting course(s) or equivalent related experience.
2-5 yrs of customer billing and accounts receivable experience.
Applies some advanced skills. May adapt procedures and processes to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to effectively present information to policyholders, agents and brokers. Strong customer service skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, proficiency in collection procedures, basic math skills, intermediate knowledge of general accounting principles, and experience with automated accounting systems