Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Senior Pricing Analyst – Intermodal, is responsible for the accurate, timely and competitive responses to all pricing requests tendered to corporate pricing. The job is accountable for continuous improvement and creative application of the pricing processes to ensure the highest possible win ratio and overall profit margin for the IM product line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Determine competitive rate levels, and expected YLAT costs for IM business offered to YLAT for pricing, and respond to customers with rate offerings that are market-competitive and result in new business for YLAT at acceptable margin levels.
· Decide how to price specific business within overall corporate guidelines. Recommend and request approval for situations where there is good reason to make an exception to corporate guidelines.
· Provide Yusen Logistics creative and timely pricing responses which meet customer’s needs, and YLAT business and commercial requirements on special projects or non-standard requests.
· Collaborate with sales and branch personnel involved with an account to develop and execute a pricing/bid strategy that will maximize YLAT’s overall win with the customer.
· Work closely with Manager, IM Procurement (Dray, Equipment and Rail) on rail or dray specific costing, network optimization and cost reduction opportunities when pricing new opportunities or revisiting pricing on existing business.
· Ensure all IM pricing is submitted on time and accurately against the customer’s due-date or expectation – whether as stand-alone or as part of an overall bid involving multiple product lines.
· Track workload, response timeliness and win-ratio as part of job duties.
· Work with branch pricing teams to ensure IM pricing processes are applied consistently across YLAT when pricing IM moves, and to encourage, develop and implement ideas for continuous improvement in the IM pricing process.
· Evaluate and communicate network and market trends in the IM market as encountered and uncovered during the overall pricing process.
· Assist Director, IM Product Strategy in adjusting the overall product strategy and pricing processes to continuously maximize the product’s contribution to the bottom line.
Education and Experience: The candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in Transportation or a related field, plus at least two years’ related experience and/or training. Intermodal pricing experience required.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 23 months ago