Reporting to VP, Human Resources, GIS and Incubators
Position located in Falls Church, VA, Requires US Citizenship (clearance eligible).
As a strategic partner, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives of the Incubator Organizations (Cloud, Cybersecurity and Big Data) with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP serves as a “hands-on” advisor to business unit leaders and employees on Human Resource related issues. Successful HRBP will act as employee champion and change agent. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department, Centers of Expertise (COE) and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP may include international Human Resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its annual plans, its culture and its competition.
- Provide day-to-day “hands-on” support and consultative HR guidance to/with line management and employees.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with other HR organization departments (COEs) to develop solutions, programs and policies aligned with the different business organizations.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues with ER COE. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations, if required.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance and talent management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops staffing plans and programs for new hires, promotions, transfers and gaining support of HR COEs.
- May assist int'l employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Conduct regular meetings with respective business unit’s leaders and teams.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Position requires a Bachelors Degree in HR or Business; graduate degree is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of HR Experience supporting line business organizations in a services, high technology and/or consulting organization in a public company.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including organizational development, talent management, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, respective employment laws.
- Relevant industry experience in technology services organizations; international HR experience is a plus.
- Excellent consulting skills, client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS tools and Office software (i.e., MS Office)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Work in environment with international objectives.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
AppLabs - 11 months ago
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...