The Sr. Principal Software Engineer position is responsible for contributing to the development of Quantim, a web based multi-tier distributed HIM enterprise solution in the domain of Clinical Document Improvement (CDI). The major duties of this role are to develop new functionality and integrate with existing functionality.
10+ years related experience:
- Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex computer systems.
- Analyze and perform modifications to and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures.
- Document file designs and program logic.
- Analyze system and programming logic.
- Program clear and concise solutions.
- Maintain project status documentation.
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Participate and assist in technical training and development of other staff members.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to more junior level developers and assist with technical documentation and code reviews.
- Assist in evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture.
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements.
- Programming experience using Java, J2EE
- Experience with Relation Database Systems (RDBMS)
- Hands on experience with Windows Operating Systems, DOS commands and batch files
- ·Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and web services
- Experience with XML
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- ·Ability to handle multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- ·Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients.
- ·Ability to work independently.
- ·Ability to define, plan and manage projects and supporting personnel.
- ·Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- ·Experience with Perforce and Eclipse
- ·Experience with using SOLR/Lucene as an Enterprise Search engine.
- ·Experience working in a cross domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms.
- ·Experience with Tomcat.
- ·Experience with SQL Server.
- ·Knowledge of Struts Framework.
- ·Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems.
- ·Supervisory or lead experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.
Nuance Communications - 24 months ago
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our...