Sr. Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is seeking a
Senior Process Engineer
to join the team in Lansdale, PA to Provide Process/Manufacturing support for Machining, Sheet metal, and Composites in a high performance production environment.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea.
Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
We are a global leader in the electronic warfare, radar, missile, communication and space marketplace, moving information between sensors and decision makers. Worldwide we employ more than 10,000 people. We believe that being a world leader starts from within. We celebrate innovation and teamwork, and we foster a culture of respect and diversity. Our open door policy encourages valued input from our employees and our organizational growth stems from their contributions and development.
Senior Process Engineer Responsibilities:
• Researches, recommends and implements process technologies required to enhance the transition of products from design to manufacturing.
• Coordinates continuous improvement and root cause problem solving efforts in a cross function team environment to drive company efficiency improvements.
• Support daily production activities and recommends product and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations.
• Develop manufacturing routings and work instructions, flowcharts, and applies labor standards required to support the product build cycle.
• Research new capital equipment and manufacturing methods. Prepare equipment requisitions and develops return on investment analysis.
• Design assembly tooling, fixtures and defines equipment to support manufacturing operations.
• Disposition discrepant material and determines root cause/corrective action.
• Participate in design reviews for product and process compatibility recommending product design and material changes based on improved manufacturing techniques.
• Prepare floor and equipment layouts to promote an efficient flow of product through the various assembly operations.
• Monitor designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process.
Senior Process Engineer Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• 4+ years experience as a Process/Manufacturing Engineer
in a Machine Shop production environment
• Experience in tooling/fixture design using SolidWorks/AutoCAD
• Ability to obtain and Maintain Secret Clearance
• Willingness to travel 15% to visit suppliers, customers or other Cobham facilities
• Willingness to work in a 9/80 work environment in Lansdale, PA (no relocation provided)
Senior Process Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
• Experience in plating, painting, and/or plastics is a plus
• Experience in facilitating root cause problem solving efforts utilizing A3, PDCA, DMAIC, etc. methodologies
• Experience in new product introduction and design for manufacturability
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V)
Engineering - Process
Cobham Sensor Electronics Lansdale
Cobham - 18 months ago
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...