The St. Paul Park Refinery has two immediate full-time
openings for Technical Services Engineers. These are
exempt positions in the Technical Services Department.
The Technical Services Engineer’s duties require
interaction with several internal business units
including operations, production planning, technical
advisory groups, and area business teams, as well as
external catalyst and technology suppliers. The work
hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday,
with additional hours as needed.
- Optimization and troubleshooting of daily refinery
operations based on review of process data and
evaluation of laboratory results.
- Provide technical support needed to ensure facility
compliance with environmental operating limits,
participation in HAZOP studies, and participation &
leadership of incident investigations.
- Developing refinery improvement projects, from
conception through start-up, to insure both short
and long term viability of the refinery.
- Support of the area business team by providing
process design input to optimization projects.
- Utilize computer programs, such as HYSYS and heat
exchanger rating programs, to identify
inefficiencies, design new projects, and optimize
- Management of catalyst usage parameters and yields,
making recommendations for changes as required.
NTE will sponsor transferring of Work Visas
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- At least 10 years experience in oil refining or the
- Knowledge of refining processes and economics
- Excellent communication, time management and
NTE offers a comprehensive salay and benefits package
that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental,
Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation,
etc. Some relocation assistance is available.
We are an Equal
Northern Tier Energy - 22 months ago
Northern Tier Energy (NTE) is an independent downstream energy company with refining, and pipeline operations serving the PADD II region of...