First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The Senior Procurement Specialist has primary responsibility for administering First Winds procurement program for turbine parts and other supplies required by operating wind farms. This individual will focus on decreasing costs by identifying opportunities to increase the number of parts being rebuilt, identify the best value vendors for parts, and centralize purchasing of supplies needed by operating sites on favorable terms. This position is also responsible for designing and monitoring procedures to protect the value of inventory and improve the accuracy of record keeping at the projects. As needed, this individual will also assist with day to day transactional responsibilities of First Winds Parts Management team.
This position can be based in at any of First Winds headquarters in San Francisco, CA; Temecula, CA; Boston, MA; Portland, ME
· Locate vendors for all parts, with emphasis on Clipper through parts and GE downtower assembly parts. Work with Director of Strategic Sourcing as buyer to find the most competitive pricing, lead time and warranty for Clipper and GE Parts. This will ensure that Parts Co can source Clipper parts in a timely and efficient manner.
· Coordinate and complete all non-Clipper parts ordering including GE and BOP site supplies and work with sites to ensure proper delivery.
· Work with Procurement and Project Controls Manager to monitor parts consumption and inventory at all projects to ensure inventory accuracy. Coordinate proper receiving procedures for non-Clipper parts, usage, and regular cycle counts.
· Manage parts rebuilding process to include procurement, tracking, vendor communication and internal processes on managing this.
· Cross trained to complete all Clipper parts and turbine consumable ordering and serve as back-up to these functions
· Work as part of the PMT (procurement management team) as additional administrator to our work order system (WTG Service) and help maintain that database.
· Coordinate with internal stakeholders to maximize return and minimize turbine downtime.
· Assist in corporate fleet management and sourcing of vehicles.
· Minimum 3-5 years previous experience supporting operating wind farms.
· Strong working knowledge of wind turbine parts and their functionality, with prior experience with GE or Clipper turbines preferred.
· Highly organized with a demonstrated capability to develop procedures and tracking systems.
· Capable of self-management; will use a general set of objectives to develop a work queue, then prioritize and execute this queue without day to day direction from manager.
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...